Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Answer User Questions about Selling and other Selling topics.
Successful selling is about using simple logic.
1. Begin with developing listening skills and less speaking skills. The most important is to not talk about yourself, your products, or to talk about your services.
2. Sell with questions, not answers. Focus and probe on why your potential customer wants to buy.
3. Ask about products and services the customer is already using. Find out what they really want.
4. Never switch into sales mode. Speak to your customers as if you were speaking to a friend.
5. Watch for body language of your customer. Do they focus on what you are saying. Are they giving you signs that you no longer have their attention.
6. Answer each question briefly and move on. The sales call is not about you. Pick a few featurs and benefits of your product and go with that.
7. Ask for the sale. Once you've earned the trust and bond of your customer, ask for action. At this point it should never be a push for a sale but a mutual understanding about how your product will answer their needs.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|